It’s been a while since I did one of these posts! Last week I went to Tallaght and Ballyroan libraries in Dublin, and here is what I came home with:
This photo is a tiny bit blurry so here’s the rundown – from top:
The Book Of Hygge by Louisa Thomsen Brits
French Women Don’t Get Facelifts by Mireille Guiliano
Adrenalized: Life, Def Leppard & Beyond by Phil Collen
A Fast Ride Out Of Here: Confessions Of Rock’s Most Dangerous Man by Pete Way
True Whit by Whitney Port
The Vintage Tea Party Book by Angel Adoree
How To Bewitch: A Manual Of Modern Witchcraft by Raven Tempest
B Is For Ballroom by Anton du Beke
The Complete Idiot’s Guide To The Paranormal by Nathan Brown
Understanding Social Media by Damian Ryan
Style A To Zoe: The Art Of Fashion, Beauty & Everything Glamour by Rachel Zoe
The Encyclopedia Of The Paranormal by Rupert Matthews
Following on from my previous post about my rock and roll style, today this post is all about accessories! I believe every aspiring rock princess should have some of these things! NB – everything is a matter of personal preference.
- Earrings – I have earrings ranging from skeletons and skulls to hearts, fairies and dollar signs. I have both lots of stud earrings and long pairs that slide through the holes. My preference is for the pairs which slide through – less fiddly. I would love a pair like this!
- Bracelets – I love bracelets and I always look for ways to stack them up, I have various colours and designs – gold, silver, blue, red, purple, charm bracelets, skulls, turquoise etc. Choose your favourites and stack ’em! This charm bracelet is pure rock and roll!
- Leather tribal style bracelets always look good – I don’t have many of these but would like to get some like this.
- Rings – another area where I want to get a few more pieces, I like the look of this one. I am also on the lookout for a ring like this and also a necklace like it. This is the logo of the Finnish metal band HIM. Awesome 😉
- Necklaces – I have a few of these – gold and silver chains and also a guitar on a chain; hearts and a dragonfly. I love the look of this one!
So there you have it – my rock and roll accessories in a nutshell. Oh, and one more thing – rock princesses CAN have fun with colour! Pink, red, purple, turquoise, orange……rock doesn’t just have to be about black y’know! #MyRock&RollAccessories
My initial idea for this post was to take pictures of myself wearing some of my rock-inspired pieces. However, I will have to do that at a later stage, as I am in the middle of clearing out my wardrobe, and can’t quite get my hands on the clothing I require…….oh well…….on to Plan B!
Here is one of my style inspirations – Chrissie Hynde:
Rock & roll or what? I have compiled a list of clothes which I think no rock chick should be without (I still have to get some of these!)
- Doc Martens – I currently have a lilac pair, but this pair are on my want list! There is a Doc Martens shop in Belfast, so I might get lucky…..here’s hoping…..
- Fingerless gloves – I love the fishnet ones and I bought a similar pair to these ones today
- Faux leather skirt – I have one similar to this minus the studs
- Quirky rock dresses – really anything goes here, I have a couple of funky dresses which I can toughen up with accessories. I haven’t bought a rock-inspired dress yet, I will keep looking – though I love this one !
- Biker jacket – now this is a must-have for any rock chick! I have a couple of them similar in shape to this one, plus I don’t have just black, I have three other colours – dusky blue, red and white.
- Studded boots – I would love a pair like this
- Faux leather trousers – I have a couple pairs of these – wax-style ones are great too. My wax-style ones are purple.
- Band T-shirts – I have a range of these, from Thin Lizzy and Led Zeppelin to the Rolling Stones and T.Rex, plus these can be any colour and they can also be vest tops or hoodies.
- Denim shorts – I have one pair of these and I have yet to find them after wearing them during the summer. Probably in the back of the wardrobe……gives me an excuse to buy another pair soon!
- Converse – simply the comfiest shoes ever! I have six pairs, I love these!
So there you have it. I would probably add more things to this list. I will do a rock and roll accessories post soon – stay tuned! #mystyleinspiration
We all deserve little indulgences every now and then. Perhaps after you’ve had a stressful week at work or maybe the family are pushing your buttons once too often. Or maybe you feel very down and need something to perk you up. These items are my little indulgences!
- Quirky jewellery (like this and this)
- Perfume (my current ones are Glow by JLo, Britney Spears Hidden Fantasy and Jo Malone’s English Pear and Freesia)
- Hot chocolate (extra creamy)
- Flavoured coffees and teas (at home I have ginger tea, spicy chai tea, Earl Grey tea – original and orange, chocolate tea, gingerbread lattes and honey and ginger lattes). Depending on what I fancy, I currently drink either ordinary tea, spicy chai tea or ginger and lemon tea. I am also partial to hazelnut coffee 🙂
- Taking photos for my Instagram page
These little treats are great for giving me a little boost, what are yours?
I have been planning my future blog posts for the past month. So a quick update on what I plan to blog about:
- My three favourite genres of music – Rock, Metal and Country. These posts will show my music personality. I will split these over several posts. I will have an artist in focus for each post, and I am currently drafting these in longhand before typing.
- I will continue my quote packages – my current status on these centres on finding themes to slot these into.
- I plan also to write about my spiritual life. I don’t particularly follow conventional religion, preferring instead to focus on New Age things such as crystals, angels and spells. I also find Wicca very healing. I am currently researching more about these areas, with a view to drafting these in longhand before typing.
- Finally I will continue my book posts, as they are proving quite popular.
Hope to start on one of these ideas very soon!
First library trip to Dublin of 2017. These books are from Tallaght and Ballyroan libraries:
Die For Me – Amy Plum
Crystal Therapy – Doreen Virtue
Dancing With Myself – Billy Idol
The Happy Closet – Annmarie O’Connor
Feminist Fight Club – Jessica Bennett
Pandemonium – Lauren Oliver
The Luxe Life – Fleur de Force
Last Of The Giants: The True Story Of Guns N Roses – Mick Wall
The Great British Bake Off: How To Turn Everyday Bakes Into Showstoppers
The Secret Ways Of Perfume – Cristina Caboni
The Vintage Sweets Book – Angel Adoree
A Night In With Audrey Hepburn – Lucy Holliday
The Goddess Test – Aimee Carter
Shiver – Maggie Stiefvater
Numbers – Rachel Ward
Delirium – Lauren Oliver
The Tale Of The Body Thief – Anne Rice
It’s Your World – Chelsea Clinton
Your Best You – Sonya Lennon & Brendan Courtney
Baked In America – David Lesniak & David Muniz
Time for another book post! These books are from Tallaght and Ballyroan libraries in Dublin.
The Raven Boys – Maggie Stiefvater
Lola And The Boy Next Door – Stephanie Perkins
Carry On – Rainbow Rowell
Stop The Excuses! – Wayne W. Dyer
Likeable Business – Dave Kerpen
Pretty Honest – Sali Hughes
Forensics: The Anatomy Of Crime – Val McDermid
Cameron At 10 – Anthony Seldon & Peter Snowden
Solitaire – Alice Oseman
Investigating Sherlock – Nikki Stafford
Star Wars vs. Star Trek – Matt Forbeck
Girl Up – Laura Bates
Looking forward to getting stuck in to these, as some of these have been on my to-read list for a while. These books will help me keep going in between reading lots of industry material for the masters!