We all deserve little indulgences every now and then. Perhaps after you’ve had a stressful week at work or maybe the family are pushing your buttons once too often. Or maybe you feel very down and need something to perk you up. These items are my little indulgences!
- Quirky jewellery (like this and this)
- Perfume (my current ones are Glow by JLo, Britney Spears Hidden Fantasy and Jo Malone’s English Pear and Freesia)
- Hot chocolate (extra creamy)
- Flavoured coffees and teas (at home I have ginger tea, spicy chai tea, Earl Grey tea – original and orange, chocolate tea, gingerbread lattes and honey and ginger lattes). Depending on what I fancy, I currently drink either ordinary tea, spicy chai tea or ginger and lemon tea. I am also partial to hazelnut coffee 🙂
- Taking photos for my Instagram page
These little treats are great for giving me a little boost, what are yours?
First off, you readers may have noticed a lack of posts on here (turns out my last post was in January). Whoops! – I’m sorry, time has really gotten away from me…..so on to the theme of this post. Not only do I have a cherry red stand mixer (best Christmas present!), but I have also been reading Joanne Fluke’s Hannah Swensen murder mysteries, and let me tell you, these books are mouthwatering. So I am coming up with ideas to use this mixer. I have already made a Victoria sponge, and here are some other treats I would like to try:
Double Fudge Brownies
Creme Egg Cake
Orange Swiss Roll
These all sound so yummy!!
As you may have noticed from my fellow classmates’ blogs, we regularly bring in baked goodies for each other (to ease the stress of college, haha). Today it’s my turn! My choice is Easter egg rocky road – a traybake consisting of melted chocolate, shortbread biscuits, mini eggs, mini marshmallows and fudge pieces. However the great thing about rocky road is you can tip anything into it, whether that’s crushed Maltesers, chocolate buttons, nuts, melted or chunky chocolate…..whatever you fancy!
The only thing that was different about the one I brought in was I had used all the mini eggs for the mix so I had none left for the top. I topped it with fudge pieces instead. I used a mixture of Cadbury’s Dairy Milk chocolate and Aldi milk chocolate for the topping.
This was a hit with my classmates (they all had two pieces each!) and I came home with two pieces left. Result!