It’s been a while since I did one of these posts! Last week I went to Tallaght and Ballyroan libraries in Dublin, and here is what I came home with:
This photo is a tiny bit blurry so here’s the rundown – from top:
The Book Of Hygge by Louisa Thomsen Brits
French Women Don’t Get Facelifts by Mireille Guiliano
Adrenalized: Life, Def Leppard & Beyond by Phil Collen
A Fast Ride Out Of Here: Confessions Of Rock’s Most Dangerous Man by Pete Way
True Whit by Whitney Port
The Vintage Tea Party Book by Angel Adoree
How To Bewitch: A Manual Of Modern Witchcraft by Raven Tempest
B Is For Ballroom by Anton du Beke
The Complete Idiot’s Guide To The Paranormal by Nathan Brown
Understanding Social Media by Damian Ryan
Style A To Zoe: The Art Of Fashion, Beauty & Everything Glamour by Rachel Zoe
The Encyclopedia Of The Paranormal by Rupert Matthews
I am a huge fan of Marc Bolan. I love his songs (20th Century Boy and Cadillac are two of my favourites) and his style was flat-out awesome!
I have a couple of photos of Marc Bolan and Sweet-inspired pieces to share today. Rock music in general and glam rock (also known as glitter rock) does inspire my fashion and style choices.
I have had these leggings for a couple of years now. They are very comfortable and with the gold and silver studs on the sides, they’re perfect for a party look. Definitely have that glam rock edge. For a complete look try this top:
This silver top is lightweight and perfect for a special occasion. I bought this last year; I wear it every few months or so. No outfit is complete without footwear of some description. This look can be worn with Converse trainers (and I have done so), but to up the glam factor, how about these shoes:
These gold shoes are fabulous! A unique find from Clarks a few years ago (I have not seen a similar pair since!)
Gold or silver jewellery (natch) to finish the look and you’re good to go!
The leggings were from Penneys (AKA Primark), top was from Villa and shoes from Clarks. This look would be the only glam rock look in my wardrobe for now, but I plan to look for more pieces in the same vein.
Following on from my previous post about my rock and roll style, today this post is all about accessories! I believe every aspiring rock princess should have some of these things! NB – everything is a matter of personal preference.
- Earrings – I have earrings ranging from skeletons and skulls to hearts, fairies and dollar signs. I have both lots of stud earrings and long pairs that slide through the holes. My preference is for the pairs which slide through – less fiddly. I would love a pair like this!
- Bracelets – I love bracelets and I always look for ways to stack them up, I have various colours and designs – gold, silver, blue, red, purple, charm bracelets, skulls, turquoise etc. Choose your favourites and stack ’em! This charm bracelet is pure rock and roll!
- Leather tribal style bracelets always look good – I don’t have many of these but would like to get some like this.
- Rings – another area where I want to get a few more pieces, I like the look of this one. I am also on the lookout for a ring like this and also a necklace like it. This is the logo of the Finnish metal band HIM. Awesome 😉
- Necklaces – I have a few of these – gold and silver chains and also a guitar on a chain; hearts and a dragonfly. I love the look of this one!
So there you have it – my rock and roll accessories in a nutshell. Oh, and one more thing – rock princesses CAN have fun with colour! Pink, red, purple, turquoise, orange……rock doesn’t just have to be about black y’know! #MyRock&RollAccessories
My initial idea for this post was to take pictures of myself wearing some of my rock-inspired pieces. However, I will have to do that at a later stage, as I am in the middle of clearing out my wardrobe, and can’t quite get my hands on the clothing I require…….oh well…….on to Plan B!
Here is one of my style inspirations – Chrissie Hynde:
Rock & roll or what? I have compiled a list of clothes which I think no rock chick should be without (I still have to get some of these!)
- Doc Martens – I currently have a lilac pair, but this pair are on my want list! There is a Doc Martens shop in Belfast, so I might get lucky…..here’s hoping…..
- Fingerless gloves – I love the fishnet ones and I bought a similar pair to these ones today
- Faux leather skirt – I have one similar to this minus the studs
- Quirky rock dresses – really anything goes here, I have a couple of funky dresses which I can toughen up with accessories. I haven’t bought a rock-inspired dress yet, I will keep looking – though I love this one !
- Biker jacket – now this is a must-have for any rock chick! I have a couple of them similar in shape to this one, plus I don’t have just black, I have three other colours – dusky blue, red and white.
- Studded boots – I would love a pair like this
- Faux leather trousers – I have a couple pairs of these – wax-style ones are great too. My wax-style ones are purple.
- Band T-shirts – I have a range of these, from Thin Lizzy and Led Zeppelin to the Rolling Stones and T.Rex, plus these can be any colour and they can also be vest tops or hoodies.
- Denim shorts – I have one pair of these and I have yet to find them after wearing them during the summer. Probably in the back of the wardrobe……gives me an excuse to buy another pair soon!
- Converse – simply the comfiest shoes ever! I have six pairs, I love these!
So there you have it. I would probably add more things to this list. I will do a rock and roll accessories post soon – stay tuned! #mystyleinspiration