I am a huge fan of Marc Bolan. I love his songs (20th Century Boy and Cadillac are two of my favourites) and his style was flat-out awesome!
I have a couple of photos of Marc Bolan and Sweet-inspired pieces to share today. Rock music in general and glam rock (also known as glitter rock) does inspire my fashion and style choices.
I have had these leggings for a couple of years now. They are very comfortable and with the gold and silver studs on the sides, they’re perfect for a party look. Definitely have that glam rock edge. For a complete look try this top:
This silver top is lightweight and perfect for a special occasion. I bought this last year; I wear it every few months or so. No outfit is complete without footwear of some description. This look can be worn with Converse trainers (and I have done so), but to up the glam factor, how about these shoes:
These gold shoes are fabulous! A unique find from Clarks a few years ago (I have not seen a similar pair since!)
Gold or silver jewellery (natch) to finish the look and you’re good to go!
The leggings were from Penneys (AKA Primark), top was from Villa and shoes from Clarks. This look would be the only glam rock look in my wardrobe for now, but I plan to look for more pieces in the same vein.
Following on from my previous post about my rock and roll style, today this post is all about accessories! I believe every aspiring rock princess should have some of these things! NB – everything is a matter of personal preference.
- Earrings – I have earrings ranging from skeletons and skulls to hearts, fairies and dollar signs. I have both lots of stud earrings and long pairs that slide through the holes. My preference is for the pairs which slide through – less fiddly. I would love a pair like this!
- Bracelets – I love bracelets and I always look for ways to stack them up, I have various colours and designs – gold, silver, blue, red, purple, charm bracelets, skulls, turquoise etc. Choose your favourites and stack ’em! This charm bracelet is pure rock and roll!
- Leather tribal style bracelets always look good – I don’t have many of these but would like to get some like this.
- Rings – another area where I want to get a few more pieces, I like the look of this one. I am also on the lookout for a ring like this and also a necklace like it. This is the logo of the Finnish metal band HIM. Awesome 😉
- Necklaces – I have a few of these – gold and silver chains and also a guitar on a chain; hearts and a dragonfly. I love the look of this one!
So there you have it – my rock and roll accessories in a nutshell. Oh, and one more thing – rock princesses CAN have fun with colour! Pink, red, purple, turquoise, orange……rock doesn’t just have to be about black y’know! #MyRock&RollAccessories
My initial idea for this post was to take pictures of myself wearing some of my rock-inspired pieces. However, I will have to do that at a later stage, as I am in the middle of clearing out my wardrobe, and can’t quite get my hands on the clothing I require…….oh well…….on to Plan B!
Here is one of my style inspirations – Chrissie Hynde:
Rock & roll or what? I have compiled a list of clothes which I think no rock chick should be without (I still have to get some of these!)
- Doc Martens – I currently have a lilac pair, but this pair are on my want list! There is a Doc Martens shop in Belfast, so I might get lucky…..here’s hoping…..
- Fingerless gloves – I love the fishnet ones and I bought a similar pair to these ones today
- Faux leather skirt – I have one similar to this minus the studs
- Quirky rock dresses – really anything goes here, I have a couple of funky dresses which I can toughen up with accessories. I haven’t bought a rock-inspired dress yet, I will keep looking – though I love this one !
- Biker jacket – now this is a must-have for any rock chick! I have a couple of them similar in shape to this one, plus I don’t have just black, I have three other colours – dusky blue, red and white.
- Studded boots – I would love a pair like this
- Faux leather trousers – I have a couple pairs of these – wax-style ones are great too. My wax-style ones are purple.
- Band T-shirts – I have a range of these, from Thin Lizzy and Led Zeppelin to the Rolling Stones and T.Rex, plus these can be any colour and they can also be vest tops or hoodies.
- Denim shorts – I have one pair of these and I have yet to find them after wearing them during the summer. Probably in the back of the wardrobe……gives me an excuse to buy another pair soon!
- Converse – simply the comfiest shoes ever! I have six pairs, I love these!
So there you have it. I would probably add more things to this list. I will do a rock and roll accessories post soon – stay tuned! #mystyleinspiration
I have been planning my future blog posts for the past month. So a quick update on what I plan to blog about:
- My three favourite genres of music – Rock, Metal and Country. These posts will show my music personality. I will split these over several posts. I will have an artist in focus for each post, and I am currently drafting these in longhand before typing.
- I will continue my quote packages – my current status on these centres on finding themes to slot these into.
- I plan also to write about my spiritual life. I don’t particularly follow conventional religion, preferring instead to focus on New Age things such as crystals, angels and spells. I also find Wicca very healing. I am currently researching more about these areas, with a view to drafting these in longhand before typing.
- Finally I will continue my book posts, as they are proving quite popular.
Hope to start on one of these ideas very soon!
Happy New Year! This is my first post in about three months. I went through some tough shit at the tail end of 2016, and as a result I didn’t feel like blogging too much. However, this is a new year and therefore a new start for me and this blog.
My resolution for 2017 is to be rebellious, to be strong and to be feisty. The following quotes will help me on my journey. I am a biker chick at heart (though I cannot ride one, but what the hell!)
If you’re going to rebel, do it with purpose.
Exist on your own damn terms.
My energy comes from freedom and a rebellious spirit.
Real spirituality is the greatest rebellion there is. It is risky, it is adventurous, it is dangerous – Osho
I came across a discussion on LinkedIn recently about quotes that have inspired you – and you were encouraged to add your own. I chose this one because it was very true for me. I don’t wish to be passive in life.
I tend to read my way through life. Going through a rough time at the moment and I’m finding solace in conversation, listening to music and reading books. As noted in a previous post I am a real bookworm. Some of the books which have helped me so far are When Bad Things Happen To Good People by Harold S Kushner and The Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz, plus any books from the brilliant Chicken Soup For The Soul series by Jack Canfield & Mark Victor Hansen.
I cannot remember when I first picked up my first Chicken Soup book, but I can remember the title of it – Chicken Soup For The Teenage Soul. I still refer to it now even though I’m not a teen anymore. The stories from any book in the series give you hope and remind you that you’re never alone.
The Four Agreements is a very simple and easy-to-read book based on four concepts:
Be impeccable with your word
Don’t take anything personally
Don’t make assumptions
Always do your best
When Bad Things Happen To Good People is about finding peace when the going gets tough. Written by a rabbi who lost his 14-year-old son to an incurable genetic disease, it explores why there is so much pain in the world and how we can find peace despite it.
I know I will continue to read books of any genre to help me through my tough times. I will explore this topic throughout my blog regularly.